This week’s High-Five Friday are a mixed lot of glamorous vintage fashion and film history and collectibles — and news.
1. At The Vintage Powder Room, researching The Lady Conceta face powder box — including a discussion of shawls & Lupe Velez.
2. At Kitsch Slapped, the unfairness of showing an obsessive collector playing cards with silent film star photos.
3. Cliff Aliperti gives his blog a cool name: Immortal Ephemera! (Here’s the story of the name.)
4. Shopping Alert! Violetville Vintage, an eBay seller that I’ve mentioned a few times at this blog (at least in terms of posting about individual vintage fashion finds), has a new store site: Violetvillevintage.com.
5. And, because I have a lot of old photos and vintage magazines, I’m thinking of attending the Organizing a Bookmark Collection and How To Store And Display Your Bookmark Collection sessions at the Bookmark Collectors Virtual Conference — if you mention Inherited Values when you register, you might get a free, limited edition, commemorative bookmark too.